32 No. 3
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
Polymer Science and Technology
24–29 October 2010, Hersonissos, Greece
The 8th Greek Polymer Society Symposium on Polymer Science and Technology, which will honor Professor Nikos Hadjichristidis, will be held in Hersonissos, Crete, at the Creta Maris Hotel, from 24–29 October 2010.
This international symposium:
- takes place every two years
- is the most important scientific event in the field of polymer science in Greece
- has more than 85 scientists, all highly recognized in the field, as invited lecturers
- hosts all research teams from Greek universities and research institutes
The aims of the conference include the following:
- presenting and disseminating recent advances in polymer science and technology, including polymer synthesis and characterization; polymer properties and applications; study of the self-assembly behavior in solution and in bulk; properties of biopolymers, colloids, composites, and nanocomposites; modification of surfaces and interphases; polymer theory; and simulations
- promoting cooperation and advancement of research and development of polymer science and technology
bringing together a wide range of polymer scientists, researchers, engineers, and students from all over the world
- publicizing the international contributions of the Greek polymer community to the area of polymer science and technology
This symposium will be an international forum for in-depth assessment of the challenges involved in the dynamic and fast-moving field of polymer science research. For more details and to register, visit the conference website. Abstracts for consideration as poster presentations can be submitted online by 30 June 2010. All submitted abstracts received will be reviewed on the basis of scientific merit and novelty.
Join us in Crete to explore a plethora of current research topics in polymer science and to network with fellow academics and industrial researchers.
See Mark Your Calendar for contact information.
last modified 12 May 2010.
Copyright © 2003-2009 International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.
Questions regarding the website, please contact [email protected]