27 No. 5
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
Green and Sustainable Chemistry
10–13 January 2006, Delhi, India
The Second International Symposium on Green/Sustainable Chemistry will be held 10–13 January 2006 in Delhi, India. This conference aims to promote the activities of green and sustainable chemistry worldwide. It is becoming widely recognized that the development of sustainable technologies and prevention of pollution is the smarter and more effective way of managing the environment. Technologies and methods are being pursued to identify cleaner products and processes that can be implemented proactively. It has been said that “the revolution of one day becomes the new orthodoxy of the next.” Most importantly, we need the relevant communities—scientific, engineering, educational, and others—to work together for a sustainable future through green chemistry.
The main themes of the conference will be:
- collaborations among academia, government, and industry, and scientists for green and sustainable chemistry
- the status of green chemistry activities in industry
- education to promote green and sustainable chemistry
- new approaches to products and processes for green and sustainable chemistry
- the role of biocatalysts in chemical synthesis
- green chemicals, processes, and technologies in pharmaceutical, agrochemical, and food product industries
- alternative synthesis (ionic liquids, super critical solvents, microwave, water based, solid phase, and photochemical)
Calendar for contact information
last modified 30 August 2005.
Copyright © 2003-2005 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact [email protected]